• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Southern CUCV Urban Camo M1008

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
David,

The interiors do you get new dash pads and new seat covers and door pads or do you just redye /repaint them?

Joe
Hi Joe, I do some of both. It depends on what I have to work with. As of now I have recovered almost all the seats with professional custom made covers from my upholstery guy. I am a dealer for the OEM style dashes from Dashes Direct. So they are almost always replaced, I have run into a few that were good enough to dye and reuse. Same goes for the arm rest pads. The door panels can be dyed and restored and used again. I try to use the original stuff because the GM OEM stuff is better quality then the repo in most cases.

David

Whitfield

Very nice!!! Just bought my first CUCV and love what you are doing with them. Defiantly cool to see them brought to a condition where folks gawk and lust.

2 questions:

1. For the pattern ~ did you air brush, or maybe use a touch up gun? It looks like great solid coverage but soft edges with no over spray.

2. Any recommendations on a product or procedure for the door and dash dye?

Last edited:

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
questions

Very nice!!! Just bought my first CUCV and love what you are doing with them. Defiantly cool to see them brought to a condition where folks gawk and lust.

2 questions:

1. For the pattern ~ did you air brush, or maybe use a touch up gun? It looks like great solid coverage but soft edges with no over spray.

2. Any recommendations on a product or procedure for the door and dash dye?
Hi Thanks, yep I use a detail gun for the camo. I use SEM vinyl dye on the dash and door panels.

David