• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SOW ? Floorcovering in M35a3

AMX

i was looking at an auction vehicle that is tagged as repaired to SOW requirements and has a completely covered floor? Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Is there a military floor covering/insulation kit for the a3?

Z71

I believe that the arctic insulation kit contains self adhesive insulation pieces that are applied to the floor steel panels. It's been a long time since I saw one of those kits for sale anywhere.

Last edited:

runk

All (both...) of the A3's I've seen had pretty complete cab insulation sets, I believe all A3 came with them. One of the suppliers had some for sale for a while, but very $$$$. Of course the cabs leak just as bad as the A2's, so you really have to watch for water collecting under the insulation and rust. From the A3 TM:

Attachments

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Most A3's have floor covering. They all dd when they left the factory. Now you will see some on GL time to time with Kevlar added in the floor. That tosses some people off. , Jay

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks