• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SP101489 Gasket for fuel strainer on MEP-002 & 003 generators no longer available??

Spooledup

SP101489 Gasket for fuel strainer on MEP-002 & 003 generators no longer available??

I went to my local Tractor supply and placed an order for the strainer gaskets. I was going to order a bunch of them for my spares set. I got a call from them saying that their supplier had run out and they were no longer available. I have searched for a few days now and can't find them anywhere. I even called Fram and they said they are out of production, but there is stock of them somewhere. I called Wal Mart and they say they can't order them. Auto parts stores I've called don't have them or can't get them.

I guess the best/most expensive option is to switch to the spin-on's.

Does anyone have a source for these?

I was thinking if there was still any demand for them that I could have them made at a custom gasket maker and make them available in the classifieds. I was able to use the gasket that came with one of my C1125PL Fuel filters as it's apparently the same gasket. It fit fine on the fuel strainer mount and sealed up fine. Now I have a fuel filter without a gasket though.

Any ideas?

Isaac-1

Some people use standard O-rings in place of the flat gasket, I don't remember the size, but did buy some a while back from McMaster Carr, my order history suggests that these are
Viton® Fluoroelastomer O-Ring AS568A Dash Number 236

part number 9464K236

they are offered in a 10 pack, for about $12

Again I have not tried them myself, was saving them for the next filter change.

Ike

johnray13

These are the ones I ordered:
2363 1/4"3 1/2"3.234"3.512"254061T258$9.67 1/8" cross section
Only difference is they are Buna-N, square profile o rings and a quantity of 25 for less than $10

Like Ike, I haven't tried these yet either.

John

Last edited: