• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spacer Kit for Hummer Wheels

sermis

M1075 what do you have for spacers? I have axels under the sububran I an thinking about putting under a 59 Willies waggon. Would like to put some HUMVEE rims on it.

CCATLETT1984

you just need to get a set of spacers for a dually, be sure its for an EARLY chevy. in later years they went to a metric bolt.

get a set of 2" spacers, I bought mine on ebay 2years ago. just be sure to retorque them after the first 100, 500 and 1000 miles.

M1075

Re: RE: Spacer Kit for Hummer Wheels

sermis said:
M1075 what do you have for spacers? I have axels under the sububran I an thinking about putting under a 59 Willies waggon. Would like to put some HUMVEE rims on it.
I have used spacers like shown in the pic above. Here are links to two of my projects:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=10818&highlight=m1008

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index....iewtopic&t=6314&highlight=m1008+spacers+hmmwv

CCATLETT1984

RE: Re: RE: Spacer Kit for Hummer Wheels

no matter what the track will not be the same, the front axle is wider than the rear.

you dont want the track to be the same, the offset allows the front and rear tires to both grab and fresh ground.

sweetk30

to put a set of 7" backspace hummer rims on gm 1tons you need these few items to make it all happen.

1st = 1 set of dana 60 drw front hub/rotor units. the 4" + added for the duelly rim use will take out 4" and make the rims in effect 3" b/s . this works perfectly in the front.

2nd you will want a set of 2"-3" wide spacers like posted to bolt on your axle you will need to find.

3rd you will need to find a 14ff from a full size 3/4 - 1ton van. this is the widest axle of the 14ff family. then use the spacers to even out the rear width . you will also need to reweld spring & shock mounts for this to fit the trucks.

4th bolt on your hummer rims and go drivin.

CCATLETT1984

sweetk30 said:
to put a set of 7" backspace hummer rims on gm 1tons you need these few items to make it all happen.

1st = 1 set of dana 60 drw front hub/rotor units. the 4" + added for the duelly rim use will take out 4" and make the rims in effect 3" b/s . this works perfectly in the front.

2nd you will want a set of 2"-3" wide spacers like posted to bolt on your axle you will need to find.

3rd you will need to find a 14ff from a full size 3/4 - 1ton van. this is the widest axle of the 14ff family. then use the spacers to even out the rear width . you will also need to reweld spring & shock mounts for this to fit the trucks.

4th bolt on your hummer rims and go drivin.
You dont need to have spacers and drw hubs, its either or not both.
the drw hubs make the axle width the same as a set of srw hubs and the 2" spacers.

having a different track width is not a bad thing, it lets each tire grab and fresh ground.

M1075

I thought tires in the same track provided the best off-road capability and that is why the Army has switched from duals to singles. On civilian rigs, I thought a different track was for improved turning radius or such.

AJMBLAZER

The turning radius is why GM and Ford went with the slightly narrower rear track width.

However most other manufacturers haven't done it and it's benefits are dubious.

frontiersman

Ok, now I am really confused. I thought that once I got my set of hummer wheels, and trimmed the front fenders a bit, all I needed was the 2 inch spacer kits. This applies to my M1028 (getting her home this week!!!)

AJMBLAZER

That's all you should need. Folks are just confusing the issue with alternative methods that could be done.

Personally I'd just skip the HMMWV wheels unless you actually need beadlocks and pick up some cheap steelies.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks