• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SPACERS

m139h2otruck

When we flipped the rear hubs, the flange where the wheels bolt on is now on the outside of the hub, rather than the inside where it must be for the duals to work correctly. I also reinstalled the 1" or so spacer on the outside of the flange (away from the center of the truck) to enable us to reuse the long studs and to push out the wheel mounting surface just a little more. Using the "stock" bridge truck wheels, the center of the tire is +/- centered on the hub, loading the bearings equally. Because the bridge truck wheels have such a deep dish, the front hubs need to have that spacer shown in the photo above so the inside of the tire won't hit the tie rod end. This way all the tires/wheels on the truck are interchangeable. I have never been able to get an offset dimension for the "combat" wheel that is used with the super single setup, but I think that by using a pair on the front axle, the front track would be just about equal to the rear. As it sits now, the front track (overall dimension center to center of the tires) is roughly 2-3" wider than the rear. This is based on looking at the tracks in the sand while running straight ahead. Not enough to bother anything, but it would be nice to make it equal or slightly narrower than the rear.

m139h2otruck

The spacers are not needed for the tires per say, but for the real deep dish wheels used with the 1400x20 bridge truck tires. The original super single tires used on the early 5 ton series were 1400x20 on some sort of "combat" wheel per the photos I've seen. They didn't use a spacer for these. Again, I would like to get the offset dimensions for the current combat wheels being used to check to see if they would work with my bridge truck wheels on the rear w/ the hubs reversed. Are the HEMMET wheels the same? What about the newer current trucks that run singles? The 900 series super singles?
Thanks