• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spare Parts?

5.0fox

I've been watching the classifieds for two months as well as calling every salvage yard I can find and I'm having trouble finding a few things for the 1028. I'm looking for a driveshaft, tailgate and drivers side door. Does anybody know of any parts sources or have any of the above items near Northern VA. please let me know

thanks

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
None of your junkyards have doors or tailgates for 1/2 to 1 ton 1981-1987 chevy trucks? WOW. For new try Year One, I think door shells are $155 didn't look up tailgates.

5.0fox

I called 6-7 junkyards/salvage yards withing driving distance and every one of them told me they scrapped everything older than mid 90's when the prices were high.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have your bent driveshaft, just take it to a driveline shop and they can retube it for you inexpensively.

blackhueys

I am in mn there is a place called french lake auto here is there site. FLAP-Home Page
I was just there a week ago they should have what ya need give them a call great guys and a great yard has to be if they have model A's still there! It used to be a lot bigger but got a bit smaller as amount of vehicles they have but try them they had 5 80s era blazers when I went. I

5.0fox

I will drop the driveshaft off at a local driveline shop and have them fix it. I know someone that had two other cucv driveshafts made for 175 a piece and that included two new u-joints.

I'll call french lake and see if they have a door, but i Imagine shipping would be pretty high

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks