• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spark plug info.

I am working on a 74 Mutt, it has the wires the screw onto the plugs. Do the sleeves that the wires screw onto come off of the plugs. I removed the screw down in the sleeve but do not want to damage any thing. And what about plugs , is that something I can find locally or are they a specialty item.

papercu

Check here,
Saturn Surplus
go down to spark plugs and click on the highlighted word. (A picture is worth a thousand words)
Good folks to buy from but I don't know if they are the cheapest. Wayne

Emmett

Yep, unscrew the lead and wiggle-pull the wire out of the plug.
I guess you might be able to find them but either way they will have to be ordered.
Give Rich Miller at Riv-Rad a call as I'm sure he has some for a reasonable price.
He shipps the same day as well....number is 251 988 8666.

Good luck

Thanks for the info. I ordered a set through O'reillys for 6.89 each. The Mutt I am working on has not been ran since 87 , replaced the plugs had to remove and dis-assembly and clean up the dist. Hooked the fuel line to a jug of fresh gas and it fired right up.