• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

spark plugs

jcd-m34

Hi.
I have a reo M34 (oa331 engine) and I would like to know the correct spark plugs for it.I have a kit of " Autolite 2198".Is it correct?
Thanks

jrosbo

Plugs

Both of my gas trucks have Autolite ARL8S plugs. I got one set from Joseph Naglich at www.militaryconvoy.com. Thats what came out of my M45 so thats what I put back In. Thats what I put in my M49 as well. I could not get down to the shop today (family things,christmas, you know) but I will be down there in the morning and I think I still have one of the old plugs that came out of the M49 that I kept for an emergency spare and I will see what it says. Also I know the gap is.030 if you didn't know that already. Sorry for the delay.

Crazyguyla

this is what i pulled out of FEDLOG:
Champion Aviation - XMJ14
GM/AC Delco - WR44
Autolite - 2243
Ford/Motorcraft - AR55

These are the part # the Gov uses to order from the supplier :) hope this helps ;)

Marcus

jrosbo

Plugs

Makes sense. This is a M49 tank truck that the 17's came out of. It was used as a Fire truck by the National Forest Service. One of these days it is going to get a full restore. I was going to trade it for some jeeps but the guy never got back to me after he made the deal. After the holidays I am going to start collecting parts to make it road worthy again.