• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spec ops roll cage

fnpurist

That sucks . I guess I need to finally start taking up welding. I've been wanting to for awhile but I'm sure the machinery needed to bend pipe that large are expensive

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any good fabricator can make anything...but you will be hard pressed to fabricate the turret bearing area for the turret bearing, at least to spec anyway. Being I have had GMV stuff fabricated and done some myself, it's labor more then material.....just a set of rear bed rails fabricated up to MSG spec can run almost 2k, material was about 250.00

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks like the "B" pillar is completely removed for this cage to go in. I wonder if it has flat stock to strengthen the windshield frame? I can't really see that in the photos. Looks like a "no doors" operation. I'm sure you could still have some sort of canvas on top to provide a bit of shade.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its an H turret.
Two guys in Texas has them, one is mounted.
I found one at Paul Mollers place.....only the big parts, and sold it.

jake-cutter

You can get most of the pieces minus the side bed rails from various vendors (HPG, Mac Motors, Kascar, etc...) by typing in the parts numbers listed on the diagrams below. Only reason I did not go this route is this is for the open top GMV set up, and I prefer having a complete top to provide shade.

~
~

Attachments

cruzinz28

I'm working on collecting parts for a GMV build as well. How far are you planning on going with build? Full replica, or do you just want the roof, open back, and half doors?

DukeNukem

I'm working on collecting parts for a GMV build as well. How far are you planning on going with build? Full replica, or do you just want the roof, open back, and half doors?
I'm pretty arrogant being an engineer so lets just say that someday someone can build a replica of my prototype lol
No roof and no doors. Open back

Last edited:

DukeNukem

The fabricator on this build neglected to run a full hoop that would follow the windshield and go down to the floor also being bolted onto a frame extension under the floor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks