• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

special charger for AGM batteries?

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see threads that say they should be 12/7 so I don't want to be left stranded and have a problem if you know what I mean

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see threads that say they should be 12/7 so I don't want to be left stranded and have a problem if you know what I mean
Try putting a small load on them and then retest. If it's just a surface charge it'll drop below 12v pretty quick and indicate a dead cell. If they hold steady then should be ok for now.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, I was thinking more based on 4 agms. Thanks
If they're still in the vehicle you can do the same. Just turn on the headlights. Unfortunately since it's split with part going to the 24v section and part to 12v section I'm not sure it would draw off of all 4 batteries. Also if it's just a surface charge it likely won't have the same reading after sitting overnight.

Ukraine Train

With two bad batteries, my truck cranked really slow. Sometimes I'd have to hit the button a couple times to get it to turn over and start. The voltage gage also only read about 24v even with the alternator running. I think you'll notice pretty quickly if yours are going south.

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well after charging with a Norco Genesis one of my batteries boiled up some acid out of the vent holes on a hawker AGM not good very hot charger should have shut off

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks