• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Special delivery

87cr250r

If you want it to last in this application, SKF is the most reliable option. If you want better pricing check Bearing Engineering. The SKF 6305-2RS bearing is $35.

The long life bearings will be lubricated with polyurea grease.

Last edited:

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The original bearing that I had on the failed unit was the same number, although it was old style clay based Grease, which separates and is no good, this new style bearing they changed which is a much better Grease as you're aware of I'm sure.

I paid $16.43. $35.31 shipped to my door, so I guess that's good.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's in there, but it looks like rain so I'm packing it in,
for all the torqing and wiring and hook up and blah blah blah that's for later time.
Just love putting those nuts on underneath those mounts,
whose fingers fit in there that's a bunch of c***haha

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Guyfang

Staff member
Look at picture #2 in post #30. Turn the zip ties, so the "zip tie clamp" is against the side of the gen set. Keeps the wires away from the side of the set. You will probably never run the set long enough to have a problem with wire chafing, but this is something we always did, and it helps keep chafing a non problem. In the control panel, especially on the bottom left side, this is a problem. By the diode board.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Look at picture #2 in post #30. Turn the zip ties, so the "zip tie clamp" is against the side of the gen set. Keeps the wires away from the side of the set. You will probably never run the set long enough to have a problem with wire chafing, but this is something we always did, and it helps keep chafing a non problem. In the control panel, especially on the bottom left side, this is a problem. By the diode board.
Wow. That's the voice of experience. Especially since everything on a generator is fighting vibration. The "zip side" easily gives you an extra eighth of in inch of "rub resistance" safety margin.

Thanks for sharing that @Guyfang

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good idea on the zip ties, I do that same thing and you can also use a couple of small sections of split loom on the harness.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks