• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Specs on Clutch plates and throw out barrings

Oldgrunt

Any one know a thread for checking the tolerances on the clutch plate on the M-35? Got a bad tranny on the Deuce I just won, and will have to swap it out. Would like to know if the clutch needs replace while I've got the tranny out.

Thanks

Semper Fi
Old Grunt

beaubeau

Sometimes U can see what a clutch looks like,some U can't. Look at the Rivets and or Grooves on the Clutch Disc.Is there Deep grooves,1/16 grooves will last quite a while depending on what U do with the vehicle. Any Oil on the disc? Does the clutch peddal work smoothly? It is certainly easier to check and or change it while Trans is out! But if it is still good, why invest in a New one. There may be pictures in some Repair manuals U can compair with. good Luck, Phil

Oldgrunt

Thanks for the imput, I already pulled the inside covers from inside of the cab, it doesn't look like that bad of a job. The guy that is going to help said to get a couple of pieces of all thread the same size as the bolts that hold the bell housing to the motor, he said to screw in one on each side of the motor before re-installing so that when you go to align things up it will slide wright together, make any sence?

jasonjc

The TM are in the TM section. They give all the cleaning and inspection for the clutch. Gives step by step for remove and install. Every thing you need to know. Look for TM 9-2320-361-34

Oldgrunt

Thanks Jason, I hope all goes smoothly, I have a feeling It's going to be colder that a well diggers A HOLE next week end when I switch out the tranny, I can hardly wait!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks