• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Speedo Adjustment

motormayhem

My m1009 has been off by about 20MPH for the last 4 years which I don't really mind other than the odometer artificially skyrocketing. I'm running 4.10 gears and 36in tires. I've heard there is a converter box on the M1009 that changes the speedo ratio as well as the gears in the T case. Do I need to swap the converter/gears in there or the drive/driven in the Tcase? My truck is currently 15 hrs away so I would appreciate it if someone could give me some insight on what I need to plan to change / order swap it out when am home for a few days over the holiday.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need to look under it and see if there is a "converter box".

Once that is known, you need to use a calculator and determine what gear you need.

TCI has both the gears and the calculator.

motormayhem

Thanks, do you happen to know what the stock drive and driven gear colors are? I can't look at the truck as it is 15 hours away and I want to be able to just throw the parts in when I'm back for a few days over the holiday.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks