• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Speedo Angle Drive Issue

AynorArmory

So i installed a brand new speedometer as well as cable but it still did not work. So i purchased a new angle drive that connects to a male piece on the TCase. I got the piece and the seller assured me it was exactly like the OEM part. Well long story short it wasn't and messed up the threads on the little male piece that holds the speedo gear in the TCase. I need to replace the Angle drive as well as the male piece in the TCase. Anyone know where to fine both that will fit a 1994 M998. Thanks for everything.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have some questions as I am thinking of upgrading mine.

Is your new one the standard military one or did you go with aftermarket mechanical or electronic?

Did your old one work?

Try Greg 86humv for your tcase parts. He has replied to a thread previously showing the differences inbetween ratios and the gears.

Action

you crossthreaded threads or ??? you can screw up the piece in the transfer case by not having it in the correct spot when you clamp it in place. the plastic threads on the inside will get messed up.