• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Speedo Cable Part Number

stationjj

Hello,

Today it has come to my attention that the part number I have been posting for the speedo cable may not be correct. Thank You baldyviewdesignlab.

In a previous post http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?99005-Replacement-Speedometer.
I have given you part number #25032661. I have discovered some issues with this part number from some vendors.

If you search GMPartsGiant for #25032661 it will tell it's been replaced by Part Number #88959480. DO NOT get part number #88959480 it is too short.

If you search GMPartsDirect for #25032661 it doesn't mention that it's been replaced with part #88959480. GMPartsDirect has this part in stock for $20.88.

I do believe that part number #25032661 is the correct part number. That is the number posted on the box my cable came in.

I wanted to clarify this so no one else orders the wrong part. I did make correcttions to my other post.

Thank You,

stationjj

Attachments

sschaefer3

I bought a replacement AC Delco cable for a 1984 Civilian K30 from Rock Auto and it even has enough length for my ORD Doubler. This cable is even longer than the cable ORD recommends on their website.

sschaefer3

I was able to look up my Rock Auto orders and here is what I bought. It's the same one as mentioned above. Works perfect for the dual case setup. Here is also the part number for the seal.

ACDELCO Part #88959481 Cable
ACDELCO Part #14018671 SPEEDO CABLE SEAL

Last edited:

scottladdy

Excellent point. The seal is important as well.

For all members who own an M1009, don't forget the cable replacement procedure is slightly different for your trucks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks