• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Speedo gear for the 1600s?

5tonman1971

Hey guys I was just wondering if they make a diffrent speedo gear for the m809 series for bigger tires, let's say the 1600s.

i might be shooting for the stars on this one but it would be nice eh?

dmetalmiki

Actually as most ALL speedos are set fast to prevent speeding, when you fit hagher gearing through wheels etc the TRUE (accurate actual) speed is the usually indicated.

Last edited:

cx65083

I am looking for this as well. My speedo is WAY off with 1600's now! Without my GPS I'd have no clue what speed I'm going. There must be a way to regear the speedo output?

Lonnie

I asked the same question a few months ago & got no response.

I am planning to compare the speedo against a GPS & try to buy a converter box to make it right.

cx65083

As soon as the snow thaws... or I get my poppet valve replaced so I can get out of the 4 foot drift .... I'll use my GPS to make a handy conversion chart to stick next to the speedo.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
What about a speedometer adaptor from a HEMTT. All the adaptors drive off the out put of the trans, transfer, or aux. trans., and they all just about the same only set up for tire size/gearing, it is worth a try.

Rifleman

Any good speedometer shop in your area should be able to make you a geared adapter. I would look on line for local shops that do speedo calibrations for police departments or trucking company's. In my case i need one for a street/race car that i ran 4.56 gears in, along with 30 inch tall slicks.

The shop took the gear ratio, tire size, along with the number of teeth on the speedo drive gear on the output shaft of my trans. Armed with that info they made up an external adapter that bolted onto my trans that gave the right speed readings. All in all including their time and labor that adapter cost me around 80 bucks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks