• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Speedo Gears?

dwhite

I replaced the 5.83 axle gears with a set of 4.89 gears in my M37. Does anyone know what drive/driven gears I need in the transfer case (NP200) to get the speedometer to read correctly? Thanks.

armytruck63

You're probably better off going to a speedometer shop and having them make a little in-line gear box for the speedometer cable. I did this on a Pinzgauer when I was converting the metric kph speedometer to miles per hour. The guy drove the Pinz with a GPS unit measuring speed until he had the right combination of gears. You can even keep the original speedometer cable and just run a stubby cable from the gear box to the speedometer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks