• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

speedo woes

beanman1

well leaving the park today with my mini monster i looked down at the speedo and i didnt see a needle so i eased back to the house and took the gauge cluster apart to see what went wrong and found out that the little pin that the needle sits on had broke off so now i am on the quest for a speedometer who and where can i get one guess i need to take a trip the junk pile up the road to se if i can find one

Ken_86gt

You can swap out the speedo from a civy instrument cluster. The civy cluster can not be just swapped directly, it would require swapping somethings around, if you get one you will see what I mean.

blitzengine

If you are going to a junk yard to pick a used one keep reading. The speedo in my truck failed last month do to the fact that the needle started to bounce while driving, I picked up a speedo from a blazer (gas) at a junk yard. It even has a trip meter! There is one small modification needed to install it in your trucks original cluster, you must drill a small hole on the clear cluster cover for the trip meter shaft. I swaped the odometers to keep the original miles on the new speedo. There are two ways to put your original miles on the aquired speedo, A- use a drill to increase or decrease the mileage on the odometer, or B- take it apart and swap out the odometers by pulling a clip on the odometer shaft, mind you that the needle and the face plated must be removed on order to take out the odometer. Hope this helps.