• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Speedometer problems - M35a2

fkowalski1942

Hello All,

My M35a2 shows in speedometer about 60miles just in third gear, but the truck is running below 20 MPH... Anyone experienced this problem before?
I purchased the speedometer from an SS Member, looks like ok but with the cable attached it shows a completely wrong speed.
Anyone can tell me the ratio of the speedo gears in the Transfer-case?

In my truck theres one part threaded in the TC hull and another threaded in these first piece who make a 90º turn, has an grease hole, and is threaded to the speedo cable.

Thanks for your help!

Jeepsinker

Mine is set up the same but works fine. Sounds like you both have bum speedometers. I would imagine this could happen if someone opened one up and tried to fiddle with the guts/ rebuild it incorrectly, or if it is a Chinese made one.

welldigger

If you have the factory speedo drive and over sized tires your speedo will clock slower than actual road speed. I wonder if you have a 5 ton speedometer drive.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks