• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Speedometer speed sensor on 4 speed trans

jim1131

Took a look at my speed sensor and noticed that the gear drive housing was loose. I have a replacement but would like to know if there is a certain way to install it, I don't see any threads on the housing

Attachments

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There should be a clamp on it, look at the parts TM and you will find it

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
speedo drive.JPG
I will let you do the research for the part number...
I will give you a hint, it is in group 47 of the applicable parts TM

REF

Steel Soldiers Supporter
if you look on top of the adapter that your bad gear slides into you will see numbers, those numbers reflect the number of teeth on the new gear your installing. set that number on the mark in the tail housing and tighten down the hold down clamp that's how you set the gear lash for your new gear.
As bad as that gear is I wonder if the gear in runs on is any good . My best guess is that the hold down came lose and allowed the adapter to turn ,as the gear moved away from the drive it stripped the teeth. It's all in the TM for better explanation