• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spewing Fuel

LeutDan

Guys,

My M1009 is spewing fuel anytime it is running. If you are standing in front of the truck and you look at the bottom of the block (under the batteries) you can see it spitting fuel out onto the front axle. Is that the fuel pump?

Anybody got a part number?

ralbelt

Probably, the fuel pump is below the front battery, there are some rubber hose connections at the fuel pump that could be the problem.

If its rubber replace it, if its electrical clean it.

91W350

If you need to replace the pump, post up as it is not easy. We may be able to save you headaches, time and some cash. Glen

rnd-motorsports

I would change the rubber hose's first and see I will bet that is the problem not that bad the hose to the pump is a formed hose so if you replace it with straight line make sure it is not kinked also the return line is at the fuel pump or real close to it so be sure to check that either could be dry rotted and crack.

LeutDan

Thanks. I had my dad take it to a local place to fix it. The truck is about 2 hours from me and I had to go back to school. I will get to see it on Thursday before they put any parts on it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks