• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spewing trans fluid

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Check the case vent, it's a little plastic tube at the very top of the case under the floorpan hump. If it's plugged, that's the only other way for fluid to expand.

wayne pick

Check the fluid cold and with the engine off. If it's over the full-hot line on the stick, it's way over full. That and a plugged vent line as Patracy said would lead to the oil expanding, and pumping out the stick tube.

thj327

If the trans is shot will do the same thing. Easiest to check vent first but i still doing it the trans needs to be overhauled. My brothers m1009 was doing the same thing. Not a clogged vent, after I tore it down front pump was bad as well as too much end play in the torque converter

cpf240

Mine only does that when I buy that generic-brand trans fluid. I bought the expensive stuff one time, one time! and now it will spit anything else out! Who knew a CUCV could be so picky? or maybe it's just spoiled...

ssdvc

When it happened, were you towing anything or taking a long drive in hot weather? The trans will sometimes get hot and blow fluid from the vent, especially if it is overfilled. Like pat ray said, checking the vent is a good first step. Mine was a bit overfilled and when I made a long trip the back of my 1009 was covered with little trans fluid dots !

Wagner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just went through a similar saga though the fluid that came from the transmission dipstick stayed in the engine compartment.

It turned out the that the transmission was slipping to the point that the heat & pressure built up and was forcing the fluid to come out through the dipstick. The transmission vent was checked and found to be clear. The transmission needed a total rebuild. Prior to the fluid leaks the only performance issue I noticed was some hesitancy to move from a dead stop w/o revving the engine a bit. Post rebuild it works great and no leaks. I hope your problem is something smaller.

I would ad that I found a lot price variation in the estimates for transmission rebuild...so I would encourage you to check around and be sure any replacement parts are correct for the CUCV.

mponseigo

Well it did it again that made twice, Driving down the road it is shifting perfect once it spews the trans fluid out then starts to slip then stoped within a block.It is coming out of the dipstick. After the frist time it did this i checked the vent that is on the passenger side of the trans i pushed a 14 gauge about 2" into the vent i didnt know how far to push it?
CPF240 what trans fluid are you using?