• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spicer 3053

Thanks General! Did you notice any difference?
No not really, the 3053A was a good used take-off. A little bit more of a grind coming into and out of fourth, also it's probably my imagination but first seems a little higher now.
Plus the 3053A was a few years newer.
Not an expert, I'm sure the others will chime in. I think all the 3053 variants bolt up to the Multifuel.

electraman

Thankss General! I am very hew to all this, but I have always wanted one. I climbed up under there today and they look like they bolt right in. Did you replace yourself and if you did, did you run to any problems? I have a 71 AMGR M35A2.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thankss General! I am very hew to all this, but I have always wanted one. I climbed up under there today and they look like they bolt right in. Did you replace yourself and if you did, did you run to any problems? I have a 71 AMGR M35A2.
They bolt right in, it's an easy trans to swap. What about the 3052 differences?:mrgreen:

electraman

Thanks so much General! I was worried about this, but this looks easy! I restore and collect Harleys so I am somewhat of a mechanic. This will help me a bunch! I did read in the threads that a seal was needed, do you know which one? Maybe I have read to much tonight and I am mixed up!

Shaun

I bought a gasket kit for the new trans from E-bay for 15 bucks. I used RTV for the seal between the trans bell housing and the engine bell housing. It's not completely nessacary but it's a good Idea if your going to be doing any fording.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is a 3052?
:) ...... a number.......?

actually used to designate the 5th direct transmissions in the gasser M35s

I did search.......

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/19512-3053-trans-od-not-2.html#post216607
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/3394-anyone-out-there-have-3503-5th-gear-od.html#post27267

more here: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/4190-about-our-transmission.html

Also TM 9-2520-246-34, chapter 3 section 1: Description, Operation and Data (3052)

G.

spicergear

The 3052 also has a lower 1st gear ratio and I believe reverse ratio too.

3053B, ah yes...the mythical taller overdrive. You want a good overdrive, M35TOM and his NEW kits will be the way to go.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
mythical indeed! sooner or later, probably later, everyone will realize that a 3053B never existed. only in the civi world there was a 3153B with .85 od but that would just be worthless to any of us even if you could find one after 46 years since it was made!

tom