• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spicer 3053a problem

Jbnks9134

Hey guys I'm having a issue with my trans its knocking like a rod knock
I can change gears and hold engine at same rpm but the noise changes with the gear. It's driving me insane. Where can I get a full rebuild kit for this trans to completely gut it. Just pulled the top plate and found some rust on the gears so I am assuming that the bearings are in the same shape. Any help would be great. image.jpg

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would suggest buying a good used transmission. If you do not want to do that, this same model is used in civilian trucks so if you go to a heavy truck repair shop they likely could help you with either parts or maybe an exchange rebuilt transmission.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
........... Just pulled the top plate and found some rust on the gears so I am assuming that the bearings are in the same shape. ......
I don't think its just rust... If it's knocking loud you have gear(s) with missing teeth - normally it's 5th gear, or 5th counter gear - or both.
Put the TC in neutral; push the clutch pedal down and hold it down with a board stuck between pad and drivers seat. Then turn the gears and inspect each one.

If you can find a (very) good takeout close-by, fine. Otherwise - most parts are available new, and not overly expensive. Just get the parts and bearings and rebuild it; this is not too difficult to do, even for beginners.
We have the correct TMs in our library and sure enough you will also find many "online" helpers, here.

G.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I don't want to modify the trans that will be to much overdrive I have a brownie behind this one I can rebuild the trans if I find the parts
That link wasn't for you to get the OD kit, just a link to the website that will have what you asked for, all the parts for a 3035a transmission.

Edit, I have NSN gasket kits if you'd want one for the trans.