• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spicer 6+1 Transmission

97duallystroker

Ok guys I have a spicer 6+1 that came off a 4700 series ih with a dt444e. From what I can tell the bellhousings are both sae#2 from the duece and the 4700. So will it work? I'm just looking for a little more top end cruising speed out on the interstate. I'm already planning on going down to 4.90 gearing. This trans is a direct drive last serial #s ending in 7sb, the overdrive is the 8sb. I'm almost certain the input shafts are the same as well as flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate. Just looking for some input, either way I'll be the one ending up deciding if it's worth while or not. Also does anyone know where to get brand new injectors or parts to rebuild the injectors. I have the 465 1D motor and someone added the whistler turbo to it.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So when you get your speeds cranked up , what are your plans to upgrade the braking system to handle the higher speeds? The deuce has a single circut brake system that was designed in the 1940's.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks