• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spike rides the short bus

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you have to help the dog get up into the truck? Recently, my dog decided she was ready to ride in the gama goat(jumped right in). I need to figure out some way to protect her hearing. How did you get your dog to put the ear muffs on?

bigelk50

I have heard of ear plugs made for dogs, but I need to get my hands on a set so my blue/red heeler "Roxy" can ride with me. She loves going for truck rides!

Mutt Muffs

My dog really loves to ride as well. We can't even say ride around the house we have to spell it cause when he hears the word he goes crazy.

Anyway I've been looking for a solution and found Mutt Muffs ... I haven't purchased a set yet but I am thinking about it ... anyone here have any experience with them?

Hearing Protection for Dogs Inspired by pilots who know the noise level of the cockpit is unsafe for man or beast.... Mutt Muffs® offer hearing protection for your four-legged family members. Your dog's keenest sense is smell and number two is hearing. If you think something is loud, your dog is probably in pain. After heredity, long exposure to loud noise is the biggest contributor to deafness.
Good news though... noise-induced hearing loss is different in one very important way... it can be reduced or prevented altogether.
Safe and Sound Pets! Hearing Protection for Dogs

Regards,
Rick

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I've seen a very similar set up to what Firefighter294 posted. Wish perhaps someone else will jump in. They were defintiely aimed at the aviation field.

Here are some pics of our pooch going for rides.

Attachments

jeep-Jeep

I can not start my trucks up without my blue healer wanting to get in and ride .
she likes to ride on the passenger seat folded down so she can see out .
one day she saw a deer and ran out the back window across the deuce bed and out the back at about 25 mph and kept on chasing the deer .
and then caught up and wanted back in the cab (no injury) :roll:

Wow Jeep jeep that's a h*ll of a dog ... I thought my little Jack Russel was a maniac hunter !

Well, I bit the bullet and ordered a set of Mutt Muffs for Willie ... they have a 30 day no questions return policy, and they're here in North Carolina so minimal risk.

As soon as we get them in a we do a little testing I'll give you all a report ... of course complete with pictures. :roll:

Later,
Rick

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just hit the floor laughing!:funny: