• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spin on filter installation

dirtyfingernails

I know this has been shown before, but not on my truck. I installed John's spin on filter kit this afternoon. Wow! what a breeze! While I had the filters off, I changed the two hoses for the oil cooler? They were splitting and I thought it was a good time. Anyway, the filter set up was a snap. Cleaned up the base, installed the gasket, installed the adaptor plate, torqued to 50 lbs, spun on the oil filters. Fired the truck up and nary a drop of oil. Thanks John! One last question. John, you don't find it necessary to use some type of locking fluid on the hex nipple? 50 lbs is sufficient? Thanks.
Steve

Attachments

Jake0147

I hate the way it looks. I'm pretty sure a quick spraybomb is going to fix that quite nicely. With all due caution and care of course, I'd hate to see paint under this or more importantly the next filter gasket. For now you can't see it with the hood shut. I like the way it works however. Fuel filters will be the same eventually, but for now myself and my checkbook have come to the consensus that I simply remove the science project from the first secondary and drive it as it is...

I'm very happy with the kit. The directions are quite clear. While I have not researched or reverse engineered the torque specs, the 50 pounds with no sealant or locking agent not only was not alarming, but was very much what I would have expected, and felt "good" to a well seasoned (but not infallable) "click elbow" just about the same time as the wrench clicked.

2cents

55Cameo

Hey Steve, I think you should have gotten 2 sets and come over and put one set onto mine. :lol: Looks good though. Are you going to do the same with the fuel filters?

sermis

Re: RE: Spin on filter installation

FMJ said:
sermis said:
And I was almost ready to get some until I killed my lockout hub.

Hey how did your warranty replacement request work out?

;)
No warranty, I knew that as it was not his fault. I sent the hub in. He said he could reuse the internals if they were ok and would knock some off the price.

jwaller

jatonka

send him a pm and he will hook you up. I have both the primary fuel filter conversion and the oil filter conversion. time to oil press is much better and so are the filters. I have piece of mind knowing the oil and fuel system are now much better filtered than ever before.

wreckerman893 said:
Is there a contact number or addy for purchasing them?????
Hey come on over here and get you some. IF you ever keep a duece or engine long enough for one :lol: Im putting all the filter conversions on the winch truck and got the filters, and setups here for dueces if you want one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks