• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spin on fuel filter heaters

M1008driver

Are the wrap around preheaters for the spin on fuel filter any good?

It seems I could figure a way to use the old OEM 12 volt wire left by the firewall when I changed the filter.

My M1008 seems to have trouble starting below 0 degrees. I use an additive each fillup.

Here is one brand I found. I am sure there are others.

ETIP Universal Fuel Filter Preheater

EDIT- Holy crap, I just looked at the prices and could almost buy a heated spin on filter system.

Attachments

Last edited:

Bighurt

I have a in-line Arctic Fox fule heater that runs off coolant and has a 12volt pre-heat. I plan to install it on my F350 come summer. If I like it I plan to run their in tank versions for my fleet.

If you don't like the price of the wrap you won't like the in-line version...:shock:

M1008driver

Wolverine has some decent prices. I think I will use a battery warmer for the front battery and a fuel filter warmer, and see what happens. I only have to deal with below zero temps for about a month each year. Thanks for the reply.

If that don't work it will be a block heater. The lower radiator hose heaters look interesting too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks