• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spin on fuel filter mod going bad

watkinssr

Sounds like you have air in the system, you pushed the air from the half empty filter into the lines, the first time I replaced the box filter I had to crank and pump the throttle a LOT to get it to start, that is one of the reasons I did the spin on mod. I filled the spin on filter TO THE TOP and had no trouble starting even with a little air in the lines.
My fuel cap at the tank has a small hole in it (it comes apart in two piece) so like was suggested on the board here (somewhere) I set my air compressor to about 5 pounds, and preasurize the fuel tank using a rubber tipped blower) and then open the valve on the top of the box filter. until diesel comes out, and close it. Don't have to crank it it at all to get the filter filled that way.