• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spin on Fuel Filter

d_holden

Has anyone added a spin on style fuel filter to their m1008? I was looking to replace the box filter on the firewall and use just a spin on filter. I would like to do this without running an electric pump. Any thoughts or experience with anyone who has done this? thanks for the help.

superburban

I junked the box type filter on my superburan in favor of the older style spin-on type from the previous years. Simply unplug all of the wires, undo both of the fuel lines, remove the 3 bolts to the firewall, and install the filter base from a junkyard 1983 6.2. hook up the hoses, and your set. You should run another secondary filter if you do this, but I dont, because I'm lazy.

JAsher45

i just recently replaced the filter system on my 1009 with one from Stanadyne the fuel manager i got it with fuel heater and water light sensor for $170 and it was a direct plug and play filter.. you can get 5 or 2 micron filters for it

CCATLETT1984

Re: RE: Spin on Fuel Filter

JAsher45 said:
i just recently replaced the filter system on my 1009 with one from Stanadyne the fuel manager i got it with fuel heater and water light sensor for $170 and it was a direct plug and play filter.. you can get 5 or 2 micron filters for it
part# please, and also how much are replacement filters?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks