• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

spin on inline oil filter guys: where did you find one?

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm using this filter setup after my regular 10 micron filter, as the final step before it goes to the vehicle.... It provides a little bit of additional 10 micron filtering plus the water blocking.
Goldwing,

I am not trying to be obtuse or difficult, however yours is a perfect example of the missing details I am encountering.

Notice that the base is included in the offer, however there are no specs on the thread size or pitch for the filter to screw onto.

Also there is no replacement element offered... what do you do about that when it becomes clogged? Buy a whole new assembly???

BTW, the details list the filtration at 15 microns, not 10 as you say...

See, if the manufacturer published the base thread specifications, then we could shop all the varieties of filter medium that would fit and compare values. How nice would that be?

Still looking for any popular "fuel water separators" that can be fit to the universal oil filter adapters with 3/4"x16 or 1"x20 threads.......

Rick

goldwing2000

Banned
Goldwing,

I am not trying to be obtuse or difficult, however yours is a perfect example of the missing details I am encountering.

Notice that the base is included in the offer, however there are no specs on the thread size or pitch for the filter to screw onto.

Also there is no replacement element offered... what do you do about that when it becomes clogged? Buy a whole new assembly???

BTW, the details list the filtration at 15 microns, not 10 as you say...

See, if the manufacturer published the base thread specifications, then we could shop all the varieties of filter medium that would fit and compare values. How nice would that be?

Still looking for any popular "fuel water separators" that can be fit to the universal oil filter adapters with 3/4"x16 or 1"x20 threads.......

Rick
Not sure if you bothered actually looking past the link that was posted but a simple search of their web site shows the replacement filters here:
Goldenrod, Water-Block Filter 496 Water Absorbing - 395830999 | Tractor Supply Company

If you're he||-bent on a spin-on, they have this one with 1-12 threads:
Water-Block Fuel Filter - 0189579 | Tractor Supply Company
(yes, the replacement filters are also available... use the search feature)

My bad on the micron rating. I'm only using it as a water trap, so the filtering capability isn't a concern.

Last edited:

rchalmers3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure if you bothered actually looking past the link that was posted but a simple search of their web site shows the replacement filters here:
Goldenrod, Water-Block Filter 496 Water Absorbing - 395830999 | Tractor Supply Company
Ok great, that answers the question about replacement elements. It appears you have spent more than a few moments on their website. Does Tractor supply have a cross reference and application catalog in order to identify the part numbers of other filter brands? If so, where? I am also curious to know if you are limited to using Goldenrod replacement filter elements.

If you're he||-bent on a spin-on, they have this one with 1-12 threads:
Water-Block Fuel Filter - 0189579 | Tractor Supply Company (yes, the replacement filters are also available... use the search feature)
Sorry, I need you to hold my hand for a minute!
I tried the search routine on the Tractor Supply Website and am unable to obtain the results you seem to have produced. Using the above link, how do I perform a search to obtain the info of the thread dimensions? Are you accessing another part of their catalog that is not obvious from the product or site pages? Are you searching from another search routine, like Google??

I freely admit that I am stumped and request your explanation, thanks,

Edit: Do you by any chance log on as a registered user? I wonder if you have greater resources than what I see on my screen!

Rick

Last edited:

goldwing2000

Banned
Since you appear to not be from this country and I can't tell if you're being a sarcasatic azz or not, I'll play one more round.

The links provided do not have the thread dimensions for the spin-on. My last post does. I am using both of these filters and the spin-on one uses a standard 1"-12 thread, which is readily available in most brands of filters. Check smokinyoda's lists and links and see if something suits your needs.

To clarify, I am not proposing a solution to your request for ""fuel water separators" that can be fit to the universal oil filter adapters with 3/4"x16 or 1"x20 threads", I am merely presenting a viable alternative. Most "universal oil filter adapters" I found only have 1/2" NPT fitting at the most, some only 3/8" NPT. I felt that this was too restrictive and went with the Goldenrod adapters that have 1" NPT inlet and outlet to match the pump I am using.

Over and out.

rchalmers3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi, goldwing,

Thanks for bearing with me. I am not pulling any chains!

I have been unable to design a satisfactory (and cheap) filtration system using the internet. I apologize if my frustration sucked you in! I thought consumerism was supposed to be easier using the internet!

I can see (with your explanation) how I thought you had found the thread specifications data on the Farm Supply website when in actuality you were telling me to use the search routine for replacement elements. My bad.

And yes I have often used sarcasm and ill-timed humor to communicate, but that was not the case in this instance.

I offer an apology and invite you to carry on.

Cheers,

Rick

rchalmers3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is the only water seperator I could find with the thread size you specified.
Wix 33616 & Napa 3616 Fuel Filter: FleetFilter Secure Online Store

I am also enclosing a wix/napa filter comparison chart, which lists most of there popular sizes.
Sam, that's awesome, thanks. Now I can see there are more thread choices that would probably be a better choices (1"x12 and 1"x14) than the ones I mentioned for obtaining the largest number of replacement filter candidates.

It appears that if I got filter bases with any of the 1" threads that I will have no trouble obtaining NAPA filter numbers, which I can then cross reference to other brands.

You contribution is most informative, thank you.

In order to teach me to fish, rather than hand me a fish, please describe how you got this info!

Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks