• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spin On Primary Fuel Filter & Adapter

dabtl

I got my second jatonka spin on filter adapter kit in today. I have not posted pics of the kit before and I do not believe anyone else has, although like so many things, I maybe wrong.

However, here are the kit pics. The kit is quite simple, the adapter, the gasket and the filter. Simply remove the old filter container and gasket, insert the adapter in the original mount, tighten, look for leaks and you are good to go!

The pics show the parts, the assembled kit and the adapter with the gasket.

NO MORE RUST!

Attachments

Last edited:

dabtl

I cannot emphasize how easy to install this kit is. Just moments and you are done. I got excited about it, again, when I changed out the second deuce's filters and saw all that rusty crap. I ordered it immediately.

Now, and I repeat, if jatonka will just pull the same rabbit out of the hat with secondary fuel filters, I can quit thinking about rust. Thirty years of water in the fuel filter cans adds up. A little at a time. Rust in the fuel cannot be good. I swear, I wake up at times trying to figure out what to do about the rust. Do I take the cans off every year and clean them? Should I try powder coating them? It would be so simple, it seems, to put spin on secondaries on the multi-fuel.

OK, I am editorializing now, but boy would spin on secondaries make me sleep better at night.:-D

dabtl

I installed the spin on adapter and filter today. Removed the rusty old primary can, thankfully.

I took a couple of shots to show the installation from the top side.

No more work than changing the stock filter and it fits nicely in place.

Attachments

rivired

I wanted to know ,are there any advantages of this set up?.

Im factoring in-the fact that a complete new fuel filter head can be bought from fleetfilter.com for 20 bucks plus shipping..

is it just the EASE that is worth the extra 70 somthin?

dabtl

The ease of installation versus time on your hands is always a consideration. My guess is the cost of the plumbing and time for the install of the Fleet Filter kind of evens things out. I looked at those Fleet Filter adapters for a long time before deciding.

I finally chose the jatonka system for ease of install and lack of clutter under the hood.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks