• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spindle Replacement & alternate a/c options

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
1/2" screw on mine its pretty old but I have to deal with 30 year old tools.
Do you not have access to Craftsman and Snap-On and Matco and Home Despot and Ace Hardware and such in Seattle?

I have found proper tools save $. My tools have saved me tens of thousands.

I think a brand new shiny 5 or 10 pound persuader is a worthy investment.

MHO, YMMV

T

P.S. - This is what I meant when I said in another post that you confuse me. You state you have 30 year old tools yet you talk about potentially expensive Chevy engine swaps that require many tools. Then in the same thread you started where you ask about Chevy gasoline engine swaps, you talk about swapping to a Duramax instead!!??!?? You imply tools are too expensive but you will take a spindle to a machine shoppe for $$$ when all you need is a propane torch, penetrating oil and a 5 or 10 lb hammer. You seem like a nice enough guy. Take a step back and review how you express yourself through your posts. Regards, T

Last edited:

erasedhammer

Do you not have access to Craftsman and Snap-On and Matco and Home Despot and Ace Hardware and such in Seattle?

I have found proper tools save $. My tools have saved me tens of thousands.

I think a brand new shiny 5 or 10 pound persuader is a worthy investment.

MHO, YMMV

T

P.S. - This is what I meant when I said in another post that you confuse me. You state you have 30 year old tools yet you talk about potentially expensive Chevy engine swaps that require many tools. Then in the same thread you started where you ask about Chevy gasoline engine swaps, you talk about swapping to a Duramax instead!!??!?? You imply tools are too expensive but you will take a spindle to a machine shoppe for $$$ when all you need is a propane torch, penetrating oil and a 5 or 10 lb hammer. You seem like a nice enough guy. Take a step back and review how you express yourself through your posts. Regards, T

Thanks. The reason just going to a shop is cheaper for me is cause I have some friends working there that most of the time can do small jobs for free.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks