• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Split Mirror possible mix-up and mounting Brackets

JetbikeAnt

Good morning All,

I know this is a foolish one, but I need your assistance. I replaced both of my Mirrors and brackets on my A0, but something does not seem right. I have two questions and a request.

1) Are the left and right mounting brackets the same?
2) When it comes to the bottom Mirror of the split mirror. Does the angle go away from the truck or toward it? How I currently have it the mirror is set deeper in its housing toward the outside of the Mirror housing if that makes scene. A picture would be appreciated.

Now for my request. Can someone point me to the TM and page where it shows the split mirror assembly and how to adjust it. Thank you all!

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good morning All,

I know this is a foolish one, but I need your assistance. I replaced both of my Mirrors and brackets on my A0, but something does not seem right. I have two questions and a request.

2) When it comes to the bottom Mirror of the split mirror. Does the angle go away from the truck or toward it? How I currently have it the mirror is set deeper in its housing toward the outside of the Mirror housing if that makes scene. A picture would be appreciated.

Now for my request. Can someone point me to the TM and page where it shows the split mirror assembly and how to adjust it. Thank you all!
[/http://hummer-hmmwv.tpub.com/TM-9-2320-280-10/css/TM-9-2320-280-10_313.htm

DREDnot

I believe the upper mount is right or left hand as is the mirror head.

Mine came with the deeper side out. Made the most sense to me.20200308_160537.jpg

Last edited:

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, bracket is different due to upper mount.

bottom mirror is angled away from the truck., so deeper inset side is towards the outside

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks