• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Split rim bolts, O ring, nuts

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
My understanding is the M939 and M35A3 (THREE) series is are the same. Eriks has them but $19 bucks for a bolt! Anyone know of a commercial place less expensive? Is there a NAPA number or something similar?

I actually need this for an A3 rim that has a leaking O ring and several lof the bolts are a little crusty and will probably be lost during the repair.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chase the threads with a "hex die for thread repair" from McMaster. I do this 100% of the time now to clean paint and rust from the threads before disassembling wheels.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Thanks I gotta get the vfr direct address to the tire place. It ll be an NOS wheel assy by the time he's done. Will text it John.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I get my o-ring from a place here in Phoenix and they are around $5ea.
On the 5 ton wheels you need to know if they have 5/8" bolt or 3/4" wheel bolts. The 5/8" wheels take a 3/8" o-ring and the 3/4" wheels take a 1/4" o-ring.
I have one if you need one or if need many I can get them for you.

JohnnyBM931A2

I get my o-ring from a place here in Phoenix and they are around $5ea.
On the 5 ton wheels you need to know if they have 5/8" bolt or 3/4" wheel bolts. The 5/8" wheels take a 3/8" o-ring and the 3/4" wheels take a 1/4" o-ring.
I have one if you need one or if need many I can get them for you.
Good to know! I always wondered if there was a way to tell which wheels used which o-ring.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The O-rings can be had from any tire dealer that does log skidder or front end loader tire repair.

I had a ton A2 tire removed, repaired, new O-ring installed and remounted for 50 bucks.

The bolts should be available from NAPA, Fleetpride or Fastenall. We got the bolts for the MK-48 mission from Fastenall.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe the bolts are actually studs with a knurl bottom and not that easy to find as they are mil spec and specific to the rim with no civy application.