• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spotlight

wyliek

any one got a pillar mount spotlight on there cucv?? in think one would be awesome and super handy to have, i think i read someone you can mount one anywhere that you can drill a 1/2" hole. any one got one or tried to do it yet?

chupa

No, but I'm about to order a "Unity" brand roof mounted spotlight for my M1028 (very similar to the M1010 CUCV ambulance roof light).

TGP (IL)

You can get a unity spot lamp for the roof or "A" pillar.
Any good NaPa should be able to get one for any truck model.( you will need to tell them that)
It will come with a template for drilling.
Only problem is you will need a spot light 1/2 drill bit.
It's 10" or so long if I remember.
Tom

Attachments

Last edited:

K9Vic

I have owned many Tahoe Police SUVs and the spotlight get in the way of your view to the left side. I always keep it up and even with the pillar so I can see to the left, if it is down it is very hard to see anything. If you do not mind the obstructed view, then they are nice to have.

jdknech

thanks for the info... the reason i was looking into them, is because i happened across some 24 volt 450 watt aircraft landing lights that fit perfect in a spotlight for a crown vic, but the mount won't work on the 1009... just wondered if anyone had mounted one up, and was hoping for some pics.. :mrgreen::mrgreen: guess i'll visit NAPA and see what i can find.. thanks guys!

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
thanks for the info... the reason i was looking into them, is because i happened across some 24 volt 450 watt aircraft landing lights that fit perfect in a spotlight for a crown vic, but the mount won't work on the 1009... just wondered if anyone had mounted one up, and was hoping for some pics.. :mrgreen::mrgreen: guess i'll visit NAPA and see what i can find.. thanks guys!

That's a lot of juice for a stock spotlight setup.
Better call Unity Home Page and find out if their products will handle the current. Specifically the switch and contacts. The wires you can always upsize.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks