• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

spray paint for the rims

goatijoe

any of of yall know what is a real close to or dead on color for the tan that the govenment paint is. im trying to repaint a rim i got from jim henrys. or is there a better color to go with that will match up better. just let me know id like to know where to buy it or would i be better buying paint and spraying it with a regular paint sprayer to get closer. or if yall know of something that will go good with tan i might just paint all of them to match that.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Rapco Parts Company

Check here, really good paint and matches dead on. Remember prep works the key to a good paint job, and try the search button next time hundreds of post on the paint subject.

Search button is the tenth button from the left just below the steel soldiers header.

Best of luck.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rapco Parts Company

Check here, really good paint and matches dead on..., ...and try the search button next time hundreds of post on the paint subject... Best of luck.
Agreed!

Also, goatijoe, if you peruse the "Paint and Bodywork" threads under "Restoration", you will really get an education on paint, paint matches, etc. Almost too much at times, but that goes with the territory.

Paint and Bodywork - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite

I just purchashed a couple of rattle-cans from Rapco. I needed the green and brown (which on my truck looks tan, but is just a faded brown). They shipped fast and the price was what it was. About $6.50 per can, I think. I'm trying to match the CARC. It's been a little cold, so I won't get to try it for a little while.

Good luck!

Darwin T

try the rustolium rattle can camo tan (ultra flat or extra flat something like that) it may be close enough for what you need. get one can and see how it fits. i bought several cans of black and green on sale after hunting season.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Rapco Spray cans are very good investment. An outstanding product. Always buy by the case, it saves you a little on the back end. They will split cases...last case I bought were three 383 green and nine 686 sand. I always try to keep it on hand. When I am on my last can I order more.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use Rapco (Gillespie) paint for everything, very forgiving and a good match.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Rustoleum Camouflage Khaki has somewhat more of a brown tone versus the lighter more, yellow, if you will, Rapco 686 Sand. My trucks initial paint is more of the brownish tone, so I can use either one...I'm that picky about the mismatch. After all, my rims are black, jerry cans, bow kit, cab top are 383 green.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks