• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spray paint on CARC

hole

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to remove spray paint and permanent marker that the nice guys at GL used to mark my otherwise beautiful truck? I wasnt sure what would or would'nt damage the CARC.
Thank you Will

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not much "screws up" CARC... It's some VERY tough stuff. Try some graffiti remover on a small spot that you cant see, I bet it will work...

houdel

Brake cleaner or acetone and scrub with one of those kitchen sponges with sponge on one side and a plastic scouring pad on the other side (use the scouring pad side). Acetone on a rag MAY wipe off the spray paint. Unfortunately CARC is designed to absorb contaminants so the paint/markings will extend in depth into the paint. I had to scrub the markings on my truck until I scrubbed off a good part of the CARC. I ended up with semi smooth finish instead of the usual porous CARC finish.

If you are planning on repainting or touching up your vehicle you will have to sand to a semi smooth finish anyhow. Most spray paints will be absorbed by an unsanded CARC finish. If you don't sand the CARC down it will take a ton of paint to cover and look like crap when you are done.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not much messes up CARC. I even tried beadblasting CARC off metal parts last Sunday. Took 5 times longer than normal paint and rust to blast off the metal. I am not sure what makes up CARC, but man, it's durable stuff.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Speaking of CARC. I'm gonna shoot some of the 2 part moisture cure stuff tomorrow. I noticed my new HVLP spray gun has a .057" spray tip and the CARC paperwork says to use .070". Will I have problems????

Any help please!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks