• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spraying the Deuce...

bennym45

Today, the Deuce was due a re-spray, after the previous owner had 'ruined' the look of the vehicle. So the boss and I were working on it all day, and I can't say it wasn't worth it! It has now got a new coat of dark green and several American stars painted in black on it, and now it looks the business. look for dmetalmicki's posts for pics. also, we decide to load the v8 jeep of his into the back of it for more space in the workshop... the method used to load it was interesting. But, a good days job with the re-spray at least.

https://youtu.be/zMFD4loIEOI

Attachments

Last edited:

bennym45

Next weekend I am helping to change the rear axle oil seals, check the brakes and fit new wiper motors. It will be almost "tasks accomplished" then we hope. Just the underside to weatherproof paint.

bennym45

We use motorway barriers, they are immensely strong and have just the right section for the jeeps to run in. There are bolts through the tops into the dropped tailgate. (drilled holes not behind) And When I suggested to put the V8 jeep in the back to save space in the workshop I did not realize the steepness of the angle as the truck has taller 1200x20 wheels. I was somewhat scared and said "that is not possible" (among other things), But D.m. just shoved the camera in my hands, and the jeep in the back, first go without a thought. Amazing. I guess experience really does matter.
The "group" here are very pleased with my work (help) and D.m has allowed me "adopt" the M45 53C fire truck. I service that and the others, but have done a lot on my own to it already. and there is a lot more to do, I will post the progress on it. (and anything else I do).
Check out my avatar.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks