• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spring 2011 Rausch Creek MV Rally

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have no more pictures but did have a story or 2. One hour before we headed to the trails, a Hummer club came through. There was at least 80-90 H2s and H3s and these were new trucks. No H1's. One the back end of the trail, near the powerlines we ran into their group parked in a clearing and chowing down. We were coming up the hill to them. First one ran to get their camera and them most were filming our convoy . The were all shooking pics of Matss 818 on 1600's. One guy told me they had never seen a tractor back this far or one this big.They did get a kick out of seeing a convoy of ex-military trucks and all were older than 86. Now it looks like this H2 crew never took the ruts and the deep water pits. In fact their trucks looked pretty clean. That is a lot of money spent to play army!!!Not one had a decodeme hummer, I wish we could of has his hummer there as well.

powerhouseduece

We just pulled up to the house, had a smooth ride home. Had a blast, there was m1008's, deuces, a Unimog, my truck and every thing inbetween! I'll try and get some pics up tonight.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got back at 12:30, smooth 3 hour drive and sunshine all the way back. I'll tell ya, for those who don't camp anywhere, a hot shower is heaven on Earth after 2 days in the dirt.

Once again had a great time, it amazes me the fantastic Steel Soldiers I meet at these rallies, these are some of the best friends I have ever had, and some others who come to the rallies have agreed with me on that point. Rausch Creek will be a favorite in my book for a LONG time.

The weather was pretty good the whole time, though it was cold once the sun went down. The trails had mud but not too much, PLENTY of rocks as usual. Only two casualties I think were Jason's fuel tank got high centered on a rock, and Kassim's CUCV had multiple problems, ending with it leaking/burning more oil than diesel, and that's NOT an understatement. One of the crew also got some water into his intake, but he got that fixed before the show ended.

Here's some pics of the mayhem. Enjoy...and will look forward to driving an MV next time in the fall.

Attachments

USAWEAPON777

Yeah we had a great time. I am definitely looking forward to the fall rally. Everyone there was friendly and we had a great time hanging out, checking each others rigs, and of course doing some wheeling! :driver: I'll try to scrounge up whatever pics we took.

5.0fox

We had a great time. Can't wait for the next one! In the pics just posted you can see Kassim's CUCV having some heat issues here's why:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfVpsfto8BY[/media]

Here is some clips of what we got while riding with the group.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9AtjU3JlUM[/media]

Last edited:

needhotrod

:mad:well made it home at about 10 but we had some brake issues and i got gear oil coming out the bell housing so im not going to be to happy to take a look tomorrow here we go. But i did make it though that pit

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i made it home ok, also. no problems at all. i have a bunch of pictures that i will upload tomorrow at work. my computer here is slooowww. got some good videos and such! I had a great time meeting everybody and really liked riding through the trails! this fall ill probably have a 105 trailer, so i dont have to worry as much with cargo cover. makes life a lot easier! im was really impressed with how my truck did the with trails. only a very very few times (maybe 4 times) did i ever lock in the front axle. sooo much fun!:-D

5.0fox

another vid of us playing on the rock course before the photo.

Didn't realize until after I edited the video, but check out my disappearing act at ~ 7:35 :lol::lol:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn2Y9d_IkaE[/media]

shenkmen

Good times everyone. Great to meet you all. I loved Jason's 2nd mud pit pass. That deuce looked stuck but at least 14 times but persistence won. Does anybody have video of this?

Spicergear's Unimog was sweet. Now I need a place to park one of those.

Thanks to Powerhouse for leading the pack.

Keep those pics and videos coming!

Thanks to all.

No.2Diesel

Hi,

It looks like another great time. [thumbzup] Nice Pics and vid. Wish I was there. See you guys in Oct. I've said it before but that headache rack and rear winch on your 818 looks great Matt! Looks factory.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good times everyone. Great to meet you all. I loved Jason's 2nd mud pit pass. That deuce looked stuck but at least 14 times but persistence won. Does anybody have video of this?

Spicergear's Unimog was sweet. Now I need a place to park one of those.

Thanks to Powerhouse for leading the pack.

Keep those pics and videos coming!

Thanks to all.
I think my dad does, i have to figure out how to get them posted. maybe after hours at work here ill spend some time getting videos loaded on youtube, and then somehow i link it to SS? ill get the pictures up for now... im on my lunch break :grin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks