• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spring Dust Off Anderson, Indiana who's going?

The Spring Dust Off is April 26-28 2013. If you are planning on attending you can go to www.indianamvpa.org for directions and event details there is also a link on the Indiana MVPA site for McClains Military Armor Museum's Facebook page and phone numbers on the Indiana MVPA web site to contact John @ the museum for more details. I will be attending with my M38A1 & M101 as my camper! Who else is in for this show?

Durango_USMC

I'll be there as well with the M1008 (hopefully), not sure if I'll be camping though. I've been waiting for this to show up. Also a note to all... don't be afraid to drive down and around the back of the museum. I didn't know I could last time and had some poor coms. But I actually know what I'm doing this year! But it should be a good time had by all. It'll be good to see you again Mash.

That reminds me, odds are the HAM operators out there may actually be able to talk to us. I really do need to get my radio license.

Last edited:

Durango_USMC

I'll try to bring some friends along too. I'm not going to lie, I want to climb around on some of the stuff they have and take a tour around there. Maybe I'll get some inspiration for the next project or two. I really need to get a civy drop hitch on the M1008 to pull some trailers. I may be joining the jeep club if I can afford the entry fee.

I'd also like to add: It helps to group up and drive in vs. a truck here and there especially for those who have never been (like me last year). Also anyone heading up Pendleton Pike from indy and cutting through Ingils, IN watch your speed and your driving, its basically one big speed trap until you get past the prisons.

Last edited:

Durango_USMC

I'm still going, but the M1008 developed Death Wobble and I'm not 100% on what I'm doing mechcanically. But a complete king pin rebuild kit for both sides of the D60 axle and a new steering stablizer are inbound and I'll be doing a lot of looking around in the steering system this weekend. Hopefully I'll get it fixed in time, if not I'll probably drive up anyways.

Mike_L

Greetings all,

Talked to John today and he said all was tracking for the show at the end of the month.

McClain's Historic Military Armor Museum, 2330 Crystal St., Anderson, IN.

Friday - Vendor Setup
Saturday & Sunday - Open to Public

If you haven't been there before, it is in the lot behind the museum. Park at the south end (E. Ames St end) of the museum's parking lot near the gate. MVs and vendors can drive in the gate. For more information and vendor spaces, John can be reached at 765-649-8265.

Looking forward to the first show of the year for this area.

coop

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The wife and I will be there. We plan plan to bring the Deuce,M1009 and the M818 if I get it ready in time. Look forward to seeing all of you and hopfully alot of green machines. Don't forget to bring your for sale and trade items.

coop

Mike_L

Fred,

Good to hear from you. I haven't seen you since last year's show. Is KT coming too? Scott was saying he will try to get over also. He gave me a load of crap because he didn't get to last year's show and missed hanging out with you guys.

Durango_USMC

M1008 is probably out :( But I'm still in.:)

Although... I do have AAA so maybe I'll try to limp it up there or tow it (depends if I get death wobble fixed or not) if anyone wants to help me wrench on it a bit lol. But I look forward to going to this one.

Last edited:

st8kfinger

Me and my son are going to be there in the 1009 unless something catastrophic happens. Not sure if we will camp out. Hope the weather is a little more rally friendly this year.

tjmilitary

How many guys are selling here? Tried to call John to see how the show was looking but havent got a call back. Not sure if its worth the drive to bring some goods to pedal.

Mike_L

I've talked to a couple local guys bringing stuff in to sell. I've thought about bringing a few items down just to get some cash for the summer show season. I'll be there either way.

This close to the show, I'm surprised you hadn't heard back from John. I know previously, pre-2009, they would spent a week or so before the shows and "spruce up" the place. Last I talked to him he said he'd heard from a few vendors but I haven't talked to him recently.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks