• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spring Perches on rear axle

coachgeo

Not sure when (year) it happened or even at what frequency (how many models) but at some point the rear and possibly front axles switched from leaf spring perches that were separate from the axle tube to being an integrated part of the axle tube.

Does anyone have a rear axle on their truck (even better if it is a rear single axle truck) that has the spring perch as part of the Axle that they can shoot pics of the mounts? Anyone have part #'s, better yet mounting parts, for
axles with perch of this type?

Thanx in advance.

Last edited:

scottmandu

Not sure when (year) it happened or even at what frequency (how many models) but at some point the rear and possibly front axles switched from leaf spring perches that were separate from the axle tube to being an integrated part of the axle tube.

Does anyone have a rear axle on their truck (even better if it is a rear single axle truck) that has the spring perch as part of the Axle that they can shoot pics of the mounts? Anyone have part #'s, better yet mounting parts, for
axles with perch of this type?

Thanx in advance.
As far as i know the 4X4's all had the axle spring perch encorporated into the axle tube. The upper and lower U bolt brackets were separate pieces. It's the 6X6 that have the separate perches. #7 is the part in question.

7-11-2016 2-40-32 PM.jpg

coachgeo

Thanks for the reply. Now am totally confused lol. Appears from what your saying the photo I've been looking supplied by an associate is one of a 6x6 setup and I was thinking it was a 4x4. Totally my misinterpretation. (pic below is NOT that pic)

I'll pull up the TM's too of 4x4 version and try to get pics of mine. Not sure if anything on the axle mounting changed since 1998 TM's we have and say a 2005 manufactured axle. For example; like pic below, recent 6x6 axle has what appears to be all or part#7 now cast into the axle tube similar to 4x4.

Perchplate6x6.jpg

Last edited:

coachgeo

The bottom plate the Ubolts go thru and nutted as well as has the shock mount; is it welded to the axle? I assume so but one should not assume right.

If so then I need #9, #14 and two #8's off of 6x6, if the hole distances are same as Ubolts of 4x4 as part of what is needed to mount 6x6 axle to 4x4.

Can anyone get pics of the mounts on a 4x4 from a 2008 or later truck?

Last edited:

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Something else worth mentioning is that some time around 2002-2003 they changed the leaf springs on the M1078 from a 3 leaf to a 4 leaf set up front and rear.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks