• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

spring plate removal.

DUECE-COUPE

s you can see from my avitar, i bobbed a deuce and made it into what you see there. that being said, i wanted to get the advise of the members on an idea i have to make the truck ride smoother and steer better. i measured the distance from the frame to the floor at the front axle and got 32.5 inches. measured the rear and 34 inches. the truck runs great but sits in what seams like a "jacked up"posture. i am looking to remove the 4 leaf spring plates on the bottom. this will lower the rear of the truck the 1.5 inch difference, and soften the ride as well. i weighed the truck last week and the weight on the front is 6500 lbs and the rear is 4380 this weight is with a full tank of fuel. this will bring the back of the truck down 1.5 inches and change the front axle geometry a little, but i can't figure out how much.

RAYZER

these deuces have very little camber anyway, seems like droping the back would increase the camber and make it steer better.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks