• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

spur of the moment after work project- muffler install

Monster Man

hey all, decided after work I wanted a muffler NOW, so I went down to Summit Racing and picked up a DynoMax race bullet muffler. It's a 3.5" straight through design, 16 3/4" long.

Cut the pipe on the bandsaw, cut a section out for the muffler (leaving an extra six inches over standard height), put the pieces to the muffler, welded it up, and bada-bing! Muffler within 1 hour.

First impressions when starting it- oh crap, what a waste. It sounded pretty much the same. Took it for a test ride and the results were quickly apparent. It took the "bite" out of the exhaust when accelerating especially, and REALLY kicked the noise level down between 1200-1900 RPM. At about 2,000 when i shift it's still about the same but more muted, you don't have the ringing you normally get. All in all, worth it for $38 and an hour of my time. The best part is it doesn't look bad at all, you really don't even notice it at first glance. If you wanted, you could cut the lower pipe and install it behind the heat screen, but I didn't want to destroy that $$$$ pipe. Here are some pics:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks