• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Square Holes in M105 Bed

MilitaryRestoration

so as i was taking the m105 bed off the frame rails today for bigelk50. I got to looking at the 'square holes' again. The front and rear holes are a 'square hole' lower than the sides. With that being said, you dont suppose that they stuck square tubing in them and then made a deck out of it.... So that you could put stuff under and on top? Does this make sense? if not I could draw something up possibly

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You should probably up date your profile to list your state ( forum rules ) the moderators do not consider United States a state , it's a country.

jasonjc

There had to be a reason. It may not make sense but there has to be a reason. Even if was just because Joe uncles cousin sold sq punches and need $$$ and Joe draw up the plans for the trailer. To include sq hole so the cousin could sell more punches.:shrugs:

Jeepsinker

These are the holes that they insert square solid stock into to lift the tub and rotisserie it for paint and rustproofing/ sheet metal repair while at depot rebuild. Saw it while at RRAD not long ago. The rotisserie even has wheels so they can roll it from place to place, paint booth to paint booth.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks