• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Square Holes in M105 Bed

dittle

Another possibility is that they could be air vents for when the trailer has the canvas on it. Granted when the trailer is being pulled it would get all the air it needed, but when sitting in a lot loaded these would allow air to move through the trailer.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does the manual say anything about them? Was their a variant of the M105 trailer designed to carry a certain systems package or something that might have had these holes cut out of them?

Barrman

Glad to know it wasn't something obvious. I asked because I plan to use one of my trailers as my "command tent" for a Scout camp out weekend in a week. I want to start loading stuff up now while I have time and don't want snakes or other critters getting into the trailer through the holes. Duct tape was my solution. However, I figured to check for some kind of cool erector set double floor kit of something first.

By the way. A standard military cot will almost fit sideways in the bed of a M105. If you pull the side boards off, put the cot across the front of the trailer with the ends of the cot on top off the bed rails, it will not stick out past the edge of the rails. Then put the side boards back on, top on and you have a cot secured in the trailer, lots of room underneath the raised cot and a pretty good sized "living room" left over.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just had a thought. Square holes are perfect for carriage bolts. Perhaps the holes are there to bolt in a shelter, perhaps?

jasonjc

maddawg308 said:
Just had a thought. Square holes are perfect for carriage bolts. Perhaps the holes are there to bolt in a shelter, perhaps?
Those would have too be some BIG carriage bolts.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe they're lifting holes, or for attatching a parachute to when dropping them out of a plane. Although I would hope they would use the frame and not the sides but who knows!?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, you supply the hot chicks, I'll supply the M105! (and camera)

saddamsnightmare

November 2nd, 2008.

Firing Ports for the M-16's that the Lollipop Guild" Munchkins from OZ use when they are towed into combat against the wicked witches????? :?
rofl
"We represent the Lollipop Guild---Blam, Blam, Blam!!!!!" :D

Sincerely
The Wizard of Oz

AKA Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare"
1968 Johnson Corp M105A2 Munchkin Firing trailer!!!
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog S.404.114
1967 Hercule MEP023A gas Gen-Set APU