• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Square turn signal lights?

bgekky3

Does anyone have or have seen any square turn signal lights on a deuce? I have not seen any others and no one else that I have talked to has. The VIN is a 0325.

Attachments

txdodge43man

I have seen the square guards before. not sure when they came out with them or why but I belive they are a later style because all the gassers I have seen have round guards.

bottleworks

I'm on the road and don't have all my references - but, every truck I've seen with these type of guards was made on contract DAAE-06-68-C-0007 between 1968 and 1970. And, conversely every truck I've seen that was built on that contract had this type of guard.

Regards,
David Doyle
Ah, that explains it. In my case, my truck is a '68. David Doyle never fails!

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
one of my dueces has those. it also has some paperwork stuck to the new front bumper showing a shipping date and location in kwait. so it must be the newest version from the army rebuild as my truck only has 4600 miles showing on truck Tim

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a 69 with them as well. It also came with an Air-O-Matic. Truck is from the 116th in Idaho. I also have a 78 from the 116th that is virtually identical in almost every way (round top light guards).

Photo is from Barstow prior to trip home.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks