• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

squeak from left rear wheel

gt1009

I recently changed the oil in my truck, and after that it seems that there has been a squeal coming from what sounds like the left rear of the truck when I take my foot off the gas. It doesn't happen every time, and it seems to come and go randomly. I am also leaking something from my engine, but I can't tell what yet. Can someone please give me some guiding questions or advice so I can figure out how to go about fixing this.
Thanks,

gt1009

Ok the squeak is gone, I rotated the tires and it went away, but now I have vibrations from 25-45 mph, I'm thinking its a wheel out of balance? If you care to give me some advice it would be most appreciatec, I'm only 17 and I'm just learning each problem's fix as it comes up.
Thanks,

86M10086.2L

It could be a out of balance tire, it could also be a bad tire. I've had new as well as old tires shift a belt and give a heck of a vibration. How bad is the vibration? Give alll your tires a good look over. If you can spin them while they are still on the truck you will be able to see if a belt has shifted. the tread will be wavy. Of course any other obvious stuff, exposed belts, missing tread, choppy tread. Outside of that you could bring them to a tire shop and have them balanced again. Again no expert knowledge here but at least a place to start. Also visually inspect the driveshafts. Make sure there's no obvious damage to them as they can give a good vibration as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks