• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SQUEEZING THROUGH ! ALWAYS Check Your Clearances

CMPPhil

Hope everyone survived, puts warehouse jobs on a different hazard scale. OSHA, will be all over this one, bet they will find more than one cause for this one.

snowtrac nome

I was just showing that vid to one of my co workers in the shop when one of the drivers came in demanding I move my truck from the back door. I told him to chill and take a safety moment. I opened the door went to move my truck and the moron was backing up into me before I got the parking brake off. the impatient attitude of some is what causes these disasters.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It would seem the shelving wasn't up to the load it was carrying. If it was that willing to go, it could have gone from a rough loading/unloading of a pallet.

Bet there was some yellin' after that.

Cheers

Keith_J

Over loaded racking for sure. They can take a lot of damage before letting go. I've seen all 4 Redhead anchors sheared off of a leg and no collapse. Root cause was the order picker operator in the aisle with another truck. One piece of equipment per aisle.

Had it been VNA with wireline, this would not have happened.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Close Calls

These guys weren't watching their clearance today and this B-Train barely clipped the back of another B-Train hauling grain...the grain train. Roads were slick and heavy fog knocked visibility down to 500 ft ish at times.
Radio said the boys were ok so we can say they squeezed through.

PB201320.jpgPB201321.jpg

It's going to be busy on the roads this Thanksgiving weekend. If we all take our forklifts to dinner, we'd give each other a lot more clearance. Let's be safe out there.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
These guys weren't watching their clearance today and this B-Train barely clipped the back of another B-Train hauling grain...the grain train. Roads were slick and heavy fog knocked visibility down to 500 ft ish at times.
Radio said the boys were ok so we can say they squeezed through.

View attachment 748797View attachment 748798

It's going to be busy on the roads this Thanksgiving weekend. If we all take our forklifts to dinner, we'd give each other a lot more clearance. Let's be safe out there.
Those boys had angels riding shotgun.
That certainly could have been REALLY UGLY instead of just messy and costly.
Something they will be thankful for this Thanksgiving.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks