• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Squibbly's M1009 and other Questionable Projects

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For anyone looking for the most high tech stereo for their CUCV, feast your eyes.

Waterproof, bluetooth speaker (and charger and flashlight).

Cannot be stolen because I don’t leave it in the truck.

What are others using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I purchased the Thodio .50 Cal Ammo Box speaker. Outstanding sound quality and power. It lays on the hump behind the TC lever. Bluetooth streaming from my iPhone. .50 CAL A-BOX™ The Original Ammo Can Boombox New 2023 | Thodio

IMG_0246.jpg

Squibbly

Well, I decided to move further south and now find myself in Alabama.
Time to get back to the work of continuing the CUCV.

Truck still runs and drives great. Got pulled over at night for not having a tag light (cops in Alabama are great. Just told me to get it fixed). There was one on the bumper but it just had the positive pigtail end on it and no wire to connect it to.

I spliced a wire into the right side tail light brown wire and connected the tag light to that. Bulb was of course shot.
Bought a new #67 bulb and now I have a plate light.

I ordered a #67 LED replacement because I thought the minilamp bulb might be too low, but it's actually nice and bright at night. May just throw the LED in the glove box in case the other one blows.

Now I have to figure out why my 'Wait' light has stopped illuminating. I can hear my HillBilly Wizard card firing up (High pitched squeal that gets higher and higher till you hear the relay click), but need to figure out why the 'Wait' light stopped.

Anyone have a copy of the HillBilly Wizard card instructions? I lost mine in the move. I know the LEDs on the card have a diagnostic function.

1720283087891.png

Last edited:

jplace1011

Well, I decided to move further south and now find myself in Alabama.
Time to get back to the work of continuing the CUCV.

Truck still runs and drives great. Got pulled over at night for not having a tag light (cops in Alabama are great. Just told me to get it fixed). There was one on the bumper but it just had the positive pigtail end on it and no wire to connect it to.

I spliced a wire into the right side tail light brown wire and connected the tag light to that. Bulb was of course shot.
Bought a new #67 bulb and now I have a plate light.

I ordered a #67 LED replacement because I thought the minilamp bulb might be too low, but it's actually nice and bright at night. May just throw the LED in the glove box in case the other one blows.

Now I have to figure out why my 'Wait' light has stopped illuminating. I can hear my HillBilly Wizard card firing up (High pitched squeal that gets higher and higher till you hear the relay click), but need to figure out why the 'Wait' light stopped.

Anyone have a copy of the HillBilly Wizard card instructions? I lost mine in the move. I know the LEDs on the card have a diagnostic function.

View attachment 927271
@Squibbly hey man, it’s been a while! I may or may not have the instructions for the glow plug card from Hillbilly Wizard. I’ll have to take a look for it tomorrow and I’ll let you know.

Squibbly

You know...it's been so long that I've actually had to troubleshoot something on this that I totally forgot there is a manual for these types of things. Lol.
Quite embarrassing. :LOL:

Going through the TM today (TM 9-2320-289-20 P. 2.62) to figure this out.

UPDATE:

Dark Blue to GND = Wait light goes ON. Not a bad bulb.
Fuses 15 and 17 are good. Not a fuse.
Disconnected the glow plug switch. Still doesn't light when the key is turned.

So, I have a wiring issue somewhere, or I simply need to clean the contacts on the GPM plug.

Last edited:

jplace1011

You know...it's been so long that I've actually had to troubleshoot something on this that I totally forgot there is a manual for these types of things. Lol.
Quite embarrassing. :LOL:

Going through the TM today (TM 9-2320-289-20 P. 2.62) to figure this out.

UPDATE:

Dark Blue to GND = Wait light goes ON. Not a bad bulb.
Fuses 15 and 17 are good. Not a fuse.
Disconnected the glow plug switch. Still doesn't light when the key is turned.

So, I have a wiring issue somewhere, or I simply need to clean the contacts on the GPM plug.
@Squibbly